Green bean casserole is a basic, tried and true aspect dish that everybody loves! It’s so scrumptious and creamy that it simply may steal the turkey’s spot because the star of the present!
Green Bean Casserole
Is Thanksgiving even Thanksgiving if there isn’t a inexperienced bean casserole on the desk? Green bean casserole is a vacation aspect dish MUST TRY. I’ve by no means been a inexperienced bean lover, however I can’t appear to get sufficient of this creamy aspect dish. This recipe makes use of recent mushrooms salted with onions and garlic which takes this inexperienced bean casserole to the following stage with wonderful taste! One of my favourite components of this casserole is topping it with these crisp and attractive onions!
It has the perfect mixtures of textures and tastes… It will virtually make you suppose that this is the star of the present as a substitute of the turkey! You can’t go flawed with having this basic inexperienced bean casserole at your subsequent vacation meal. This pairs nicely with each of my turkey recipes! My Oven Baked Herb Turkey or, for a faster cooking technique, this Slow Cooker Turkey Breast. Don’t neglect the turkey gravy too! Make this whereas your turkey is resting. Your vacation meal goes to be the discuss of the city!
Ingredients for Green Bean Casserole
This recipe has some recent components that take this casserole to the following stage! See the recipe card beneath for a listing of tangible ingredient measurements.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in order that I didn’t add any further salt within the recipe!
- Garlic cloves: If you don’t have any recent garlic cloves available then you should utilize the minced garlic that’s in your fridge! ½ tsp equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Onion: Make certain that that is finely diced.
- Button mushrooms: These are non-compulsory! If you don’t like mushrooms then you possibly can simply take these out!
- Fresh inexperienced beans: Cut off the ends after which cute every inexperienced bean in half.
- Chicken broth: I exploit hen broth as a result of then it provides a slight added taste.
- Cream of mushroom soup: I try to use a can of low sodium cream of mushroom soup for this recipe!
- Parmesan cheese: You can finely grate this so as to add to the recipe!
- Salt: This is used to reinforce the entire scrumptious flavors!
- Black pepper: This gained’t give any warmth however the excellent quantity of taste!
- Crispy onion strings: These give that excellent added crunch.
Let’s Make a Casserole!
This recipe solely takes about 25 minutes and tastes wonderful! Everyone at our home loves it and I do know that you’ll too!
- Preheat oven and prepare dinner greens: Preheat oven to 350 levels. Melt butter in a big skillet over medium warmth. Then, add onions and mushrooms and prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till simply tender. Add garlic and prepare dinner one other 1-2 minutes, then take away from warmth and put aside.
- Cook inexperienced beans: Place inexperienced beans and hen broth in a medium saucepan and produce to a boil. Cook about 8 minutes till beans are crisp tender after which drain.
- Bake inexperienced beans and greens collectively: Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place the soup, mushroom combination, inexperienced beans, parmesan, salt, and pepper in a big bowl and stir to mix. Then, switch combination to the ready baking dish and high with crispy onion strings. Bake at 350 levels for 20 minutes, till casserole is heated by means of.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you employ canned inexperienced beans as a substitute? I’d stick with recent inexperienced beans with this recipe! Canned inexperienced beans are usually mushy and tasteless as soon as baked into the casserole, however utilizing recent beans cooked in hen broth makes them completely crisp-tender and stuffed with taste! I simply seize a couple of huge handfuls of beans, chop off the ends, and reduce them in half. You need them in about 1 ½ inch items. You will discover the flavour is so significantly better with recent inexperienced beans!
- Cream of mushroom soup: Even although I exploit all types of recent and selfmade components on this dish, I nonetheless keep on with the basic cream of mushroom soup to bind all of the components collectively.Yes, I might make a sauce from scratch (and also you completely can!) however I like utilizing the canned soup as a shortcut. And fairly frankly, I’ll take all the assistance and shortcuts I can get through the holidays!
- Homemade or retailer purchased onion strings: I like to make use of retailer purchased onion strings for this as a result of, as soon as once more, it makes this a lot simpler! But when you’ve got time and wish to take it to the following stage then you possibly can completely make some onion strings by yourself!
Can You Make This Ahead of Time?
Yes! You could make this inexperienced bean casserole 24-48 hours upfront and preserve lined within the fridge. Be certain so as to add the fried onions proper earlier than baking.
A Reader’s Review
The absolute BEST inexperienced bean casserole recipe I’ve ever tried! It was a success with my whole household! Even the choosy non-green bean casserole eaters liked it! That’s saying one thing!
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Melt butter in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add onions and mushrooms and prepare dinner, stirring sometimes, till simply tender. Add garlic and prepare dinner one other 1-2 minutes, then take away from warmth and put aside.
- Place inexperienced beans and hen broth in a medium saucepan and produce to a boil. Cook about 8 minutes till beans are crisp-tender and drain.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place the soup, mushroom combination, inexperienced beans, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a big bowl and stir to mix. Transfer combination to the ready baking dish and high with crispy onion strings. Bake at 350 levels for 20 minutes, till casserole is heated by means of.
Originally Posted on March 28, 2019
Calories134kcal (7%)Carbohydrates11g (4%)Protein9g (18%)Fat7g (11%)Saturated Fat4g (20%)Cholesterol16mg (5%)Sodium692mg (29%)Potassium421mg (12%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A532IU (11%)Vitamin C9mg (11%)Calcium78mg (8%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary information relies on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Each recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.