The drama is assured. That’s usually been the case for the ultimate spherical of group-stage matches in any main match and will probably be no completely different at Euro 2021.
The prime two groups from each group at Euro 2021 obtain computerized berths to the Round of 16. The 4 finest third-place finishers will be a part of them.
In circumstances that groups are tied on factors, tiebreakers come into play and it begins with head-to-head matchups between the groups tied on factors. We might even have three-way ties in two of the teams. That ought to be enjoyable.
Here are the up to date situations for each team coming into the ultimate matchday (X = groups which have booked a ticket to the knockout rounds). The ultimate matches in each group are performed concurrently to guarantee aggressive integrity.
Euro 2021: How each team can advance
Group A Scenarios
How Italy (6 pts) can advance:
- Win or Draw vs. Wales: Italy has already clinched a spot in the knockout spherical. But a win or draw clinches prime spot in the group.
- Loss vs. Wales: Italy finishes in second place. Wales takes first.
How Wales (4 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Italy: The Welsh would end with the prime spot in the group.
- Draw vs. Italy: A tie secures second place for Wales.
- Loss vs. Italy: A loss might nonetheless see Wales advance as the 2nd place team if the Swiss lose or draw. A Swiss victory will power (*16*) to come into play.
How Switzerland (1 pt) can advance:
- Win vs. Turkey: The Swiss want a win vs. Turkey to dream of a Third-place berth and even 2nd place if Wales lose large.
- Draw vs. Turkey: They will all however formally be eradicated.
- Loss vs. Turkey: Eliminated from rivalry.
How Turkey (0 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Switzerland: The Turks want to beat the Swiss by as large a margin as doable after which hope leads to different teams go their means to qualify as one of the 4 finest Third-place groups.
- Loss or Draw vs. Switzerland: Eliminated from rivalry.
Group B Scenarios
How Belgium (6 pts) can advance:
- Win or Draw vs. Finland: Belgium has already certified and would clinch prime spot in Group B with a win or draw.
- Loss vs. Finland: An sudden defeat in opposition to Finland and the Belgians can end 2nd (if Russia attracts or loses) and even drop to Third place relying on (*16*) (if Russia wins).
How Russia (3 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Denmark: Russia will advance, at worst as the Third place team (relying on tiebreakers if Finland beat Belgium).
- Draw vs. Denmark: Russia advances as 2nd place (Finland loses or attracts) or Third place team (Finland wins).
- Loss vs. Denmark: It would come down to (*16*), however Russia would actually need to make it a slim loss. A loss by two or extra objectives and the Russians can be formally eradicated.
How Finland (3 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Belgium: The Finns can nonetheless win Group B coupled with a Russia draw or loss. A Russia win would see a three-way tiebreaker come into play to decide placement.
- Draw vs. Belgium: A tie might see Finland undergo as 2nd place (Russia loss) or Third place (Russia draw or win).
- Loss vs. Belgium: In case of a loss, the Finns want to hope that it was a slim defeat, and that the Denmark-Russia consequence goes their means so as to have hope of qualifying as one of the finest Third-place groups. There might be a three-way tiebreaker with three groups on three factors.
How Denmark (0 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Russia: The Danes can nonetheless end in 2nd place (Finland loss + three-way goal-difference tiebreaker in matches amongst the three) or Third place if Finland win or draw.
- Draw or Loss vs. Russia: Denmark are mathematically eradicated.
Group C Scenarios
|4. North Macedonia||0||2||0||2||0||2||5||-3|
How the Netherlands (6 pts) can advance:
- Win, Draw or Loss vs. North Macedonia: The Netherlands are mathematically assured of going by as the No. 1 team in Group C given the wins over Ukraine and Austria.
How Ukraine (3 pts) can advance:
- Win or Draw vs. Austria: Ukraine advances as 2nd place team.
- Loss vs. Austria: Ukraine wants to hope leads to different teams fall their means to qualify as one of the finest Third-place groups.
How Austria (3 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Ukraine: Austria advances as 2nd-place team.
- Draw vs. Ukraine: Austria will hope 4 factors are sufficient to get by as one of the finest Third-place groups.
- Loss vs. Ukraine: Three factors might be sufficient for the Austrians to undergo as one of the finest Third-place groups in the event that they can make it a slim loss in opposition to Ukraine and leads to different teams go their means.
North Macedonia (0 pts) can’t advance:
- Win vs. Netherlands: North Macedonia loses out on the head-to-head tiebreakers in opposition to Austria and Ukraine given their losses in opposition to each.
- Draw or Loss vs. Netherlands: North Macedonia will end in final place
Group D Scenarios
|1. Czech Republic||4||2||1||0||1||3||1||+2|
How Czech Republic (4 pts) can advance:
- Win or Draw vs. England: Czechs advance as 1st place team.
- Loss vs. England: Czechs can end 2nd if Croatia-Scotland draw or Scotland wins. If Croatia wins, 2nd place will come down to goal differential. If the Czechs dropped to Third place, they might nonetheless probably undergo as one of the finest Third-place groups.
How England (4 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Czech Republic: England wins the group.
- Draw vs. Czech Republic: England finishes second in the group.
- Loss vs. Czech Republic: England finishes 2nd place in case of a Croatia-Scotland draw or a Croatia win. If Scotland wins, 2nd place will come down to goal differential. The English can nonetheless probably undergo as one of the finest Third-place groups.
How Croatia (1 pt) can advance:
- Win vs. Scotland: Croatia goes by as the 2nd place team (primarily based on goal differential if Czechs lose) or they can probably qualify as one of the finest Third-place groups.
- Draw vs. Scotland: Two factors might one way or the other be sufficient relying on leads to different teams and objective differential (particularly Spain and Poland losses and a Switzerland-Turkey tie).
- Loss vs. Scotland: Croatia is eradicated.
How Scotland (1 pt) can advance:
- Win vs. Croatia: Scotland undergo as the 2nd place team (primarily based on goal differential if England lose) or the Scots can probably qualify as one of the finest Third-place groups.
- Draw or Loss vs. Croatia: Scotland is eradicated as 4th-place finisher.
Group E Scenarios
How Sweden (4 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Poland: Sweden wins the group.
- Draw vs. Poland: Sweden can win the group if Slovakia fails to win. Sweden would end 2nd in case of a Slovakia win. If Spain wins, it will come down to tiebreakers.
- Loss vs. Poland: Sweden would are available in Third place if Spain or Slovakia wins. Three-way tiebreakers would come into play in the case of a Slovakia-Spain draw, however at worst Sweden would have an opportunity at qualifying as one of the finest Third-place groups.
How Slovakia (3 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Spain: Slovakia qualifies as 1st (Sweden draw) or 2nd place (Sweden win), relying on Sweden’s consequence.
- Draw vs. Spain: Slovakia can end wherever from 1st to Third place if there’s a three-way tie on 4 factors with a Poland win. A Poland loss or tie would see Slovakia end 2nd.
- Loss vs. Spain: Slovakia can be eradicated as 4th-place finishers if Poland wins. Slovakia might nonetheless hope to be amongst the finest Third-place groups if Poland loses or attracts.
How Spain (2 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Slovakia: Spain can end in 1st place in case of a Sweden loss. Goal differential would come into play in case of a Sweden tie. Spain would end 2nd if Sweden wins.
- Draw vs. Slovakia: Spain can be eradicated if Poland additionally wins. If Poland attracts or loses, Spain can nonetheless hope that three factors can be sufficient to see it by as one of the finest Third-place groups.
- Loss vs. Slovakia: Spain would wish a miracle to qualify: a Poland loss, a Switzerland-Turkey draw, a Croatia-Scotland draw, whereas additionally hoping that their objective differential isn’t worse than Croatia’s and Switzerland’s in that occasion.
How Poland (1 pt) can advance:
- Win vs. Sweden: Poland can probably end prime of the group by way of a three-way tiebreaker in case of a Slovakia-Spain draw. A Slovakia or Spain win would see them end in 2nd place.
- Draw vs. Sweden: Poland would wish a miracle set of outcomes to go their means related to the Spain situation above. That would come with a Spain loss to Slovakia that enables Poland to end in third place in the group on objective differential.
- Loss vs. Sweden: Officially eradicated from rivalry.
Group F Scenarios
How France (4 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Portugal: France finishes prime of the group.
- Draw vs. Portugal: Can end in 1st or 2nd place relying on the Germany-Hungary consequence.
- Loss vs. Portugal: France will end 2nd or Third relying on the Germany-Hungary consequence. The French would win the tiebreaker in opposition to Germany. A tiebreaker in opposition to Hungary would come down to objective differential.
How Germany (3 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. Hungary: Germany might end prime of the group if Portugal win or draw. Germany would end second if Portugal lose (i.e. France win).
- Draw vs. Hungary: Germany might end 2nd (Portugal loss or draw) or Third (Portugal win).
- Loss vs. Hungary: Germany can be eradicated if Portugal wins or attracts. If Portugal loses, Germany would end in Third place and with a shot to qualify as one of the finest third-placed groups.
How Portugal (3 pts) can advance:
- Win vs. France: Portugal can end in 1st place (Germany draw or loss) or 2nd place (Germany win) relying on Germany’s consequence.
- Draw vs. France: Portugal can end in 2nd (Germany loss) or Third place (Germany win or draw) relying on Germany’s consequence.
- Loss vs. France: Portugal can be eradicated with a Hungary win. Portugal would end in Third place with an opportunity to advance if Hungary attracts or loses.
How Hungary (1 pt) can advance:
- Win vs. Germany: Hungary can qualify as the 2nd-place team if Portugal loses or if France loses (latter situation can be based on goal differential). The Hungarians end in Third place if Portugal-France is a draw.
- Draw or Loss vs. Germany: Hungary is eradicated.