Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, a normal practitioner in Cheshire, England, and the writer of three books, together with “Statin Nation,” has made it his mission so as to add some stability to the widespread fear-mongering that happens by the hands of the well being care foyer and media.
“In a world where the truth can be, literally, turned upside down, how can you know what to believe, and who to believe?” he asks. His weblog makes an attempt to “dig down to find the meaning behind the headlines,” and considered one of his latest posts centered on COVID-19 and the “impossible things” — some may name them lies — which are being propagated in its identify.1
Top Eight COVID Lies
Kendrick’s submit takes purpose at widespread COVID-themed disinformation, highlighting six high inconsistencies. I’ve added two extra as nicely.
1. No Such Thing as Herd Immunity — Except From Vaccines — Herd immunity happens when sufficient folks purchase immunity to an infectious illness such that it may not unfold broadly in the group. When the quantity prone is low sufficient to forestall epidemic development, herd immunity is alleged to have been reached. Prior to the introduction of vaccines, all herd immunity was achieved by way of publicity to and restoration from an infectious illness.
Eventually, as vaccination grew to become widespread, the idea of herd immunity developed to incorporate not solely the naturally acquired immunity that comes from prior sickness but additionally the non permanent vaccine-acquired immunity that may happen after vaccination.
In the case of COVID-19, nevertheless, we’ve been advised that the thought of pure herd immunity to COVID-19 shouldn’t be achievable — and even contemplating that it could possibly be is “deadly and dangerous.”2 Yet, a curious factor occurred. When vaccines grew to become accessible, the thought of vaccine-induced herd immunity to COVID-19 grew to become widespread. According to Kendrick:3
“First, I used to be advised that making an attempt to create herd immunity was not achievable. It would even be extraordinarily harmful and would inevitably end in many tons of of 1000’s of extra deaths.
Then the vaccines arrived at fantastical velocity and I used to be advised that mass vaccination, by creating herd immunity, could be the issue that may enable us to overcome COVID19 and return to regular life. I’m not completely positive which of this stuff is inconceivable, however considered one of them have to be.”
2. Vaccines Induce ‘Stronger and Longer Lasting Immunity’ — In February 2021, The HuffPost reported that the COVID-19 vaccine would “induce stronger and longer lasting immunity” than the immunity induced by pure an infection.4 However, an internist with particular pursuits in vaccine-induced diseases, Dr. Meryl Nass, suggests the protection the COVID vaccine provides will be inferior to that acquired by way of pure an infection:
“No one is aware of how lengthy immunity lasts, if in truth the vaccines do present a point of immunity … For each identified vaccine, the immunity it gives is much less sturdy and long-lasting than the immunity obtained from having had the an infection.
People who’ve had Covid actually don’t have any enterprise getting vaccinated — they get all the chance and not one of the profit.”
In the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises individuals who have beforehand been contaminated with COVID-19 to nonetheless get vaccinated, despite the fact that trials recommend there’s no benefit in this population. A CDC report additionally incorrectly cited the vaccine’s effectiveness for these beforehand contaminated, prompting one congressman to say they’re “lying.”
In a high-profile report issued by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 15 scientists said that the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine had “consistent high efficacy” of 92% or extra amongst folks with proof of earlier SARS-CoV-2 an infection.5
But in accordance to Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky, “That sentence is wrong. There is no efficacy demonstrated in the Pfizer trial among participants with evidence of previous SARS-CoV-2 infections and actually there’s no proof in the Moderna trial either.”6 Kendrick provides:7
“I additionally know that vaccinations can solely ever actually create an attenuated response. Whereas a full-blown an infection triggers a full-blown immune response.
So, I feel it’s fairly near inconceivable that vaccination can present larger safety than that from getting the precise illness. Which is why I feel it is totally bonkers we are literally vaccinating individuals who have circulating antibodies of their blood.”
3. Universal Mask Use Is Essential to Stop COVID-19 — It’s been touted that face masks are important to stopping the unfold of COVID-19 and will save 130,000 lives within the U.S. alone.8 But in 2019, the World Health Organization analyzed 10 randomized managed trials and concluded, “there was no evidence that facemasks are effective in reducing transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.”9
Only one randomized managed trial has been performed on mask usage and COVID-19 transmission, and it discovered masks didn’t statistically considerably cut back the incidence of an infection.10
“Never has a trial been subjected to such immediate and hostile reporting. Fact-checkers (whoever exactly they might be, or what understanding they have of medical research) immediately attacked it,” Kendrick famous, including:11
“Yes, we have now entered a world when political fact checkers feel free to attack and contradict the findings of scientific papers, using such scientific terms as ‘Mostly false’ … Ignoring the modern-day Spanish Inquisition, and their ill-informed criticisms, I will simply call this study.
More evidence that face masks don’t work. Perhaps someone will come along with a study proving that face masks work. So far … nada. Another impossible thing.”
4. COVID-19 Death Statistics — The constructive reverse transcription polymerase chain response (RT-PCR) tests for COVID-19 are plagued with issues, considered one of which is that they don’t seem to be designed for use as diagnostic instruments as they can not distinguish between inactive (noninfectious) viruses and “live” or reproductive ones.12
If you’ve a nonreproductive virus in your physique, you’ll not get sick from it and also you can’t unfold it to others. Further, many if not most laboratories amplify the RNA collected far too many occasions, which leads to wholesome folks testing “constructive.” These false constructive checks, in flip, can contribute to the variety of folks dying “with” COVID-19, however not truly dying “of” the illness.
“[W]e have the very strange concept that any death within twenty-eight days of a positive COVID19 swab is recorded as a COVID19 death,” Kendrick stated, explaining:13
“You can have a constructive swab lengthy after you’ve been contaminated — and recovered. There are just a few bits of virus up your nostril that may be magnified, by means of the wonders of the PCR take a look at, right into a constructive outcome.
Which signifies that an aged individual, contaminated months in the past, could be admitted to hospital for any purpose in any respect. The they’ll have a constructive swab — everyone seems to be swabbed. Then they’ll die, from no matter it was they have been admitted for within the first place. Then, they are going to be recorded as a COVID19 dying.
In reality, that is simply the beginning of inconceivable issues in relation to the quantity of COVID19 deaths. Do not get me began on PCR cycle numbers, and false positives. We could be right here all day.”
5. The Swedish COVID-19 Response Was a Disaster — Sweden dealt with the pandemic otherwise than a lot of the globe, and has been chided for its looser restrictions and lack of extreme lockdowns. In October 2020, TIME referred to as the Swedish COVID-19 response a “disaster,”14 however Kendrick cites information exhibiting that the dying charge in Sweden in 2020 was proper in keeping with different years — nothing out of the bizarre.15
When Kendrick in contrast the variety of deaths in Sweden in 2012 — considered one of their highest dying statistics — to 2020, the distinction between absolute dying charge in 2012 and 2020 is 0.012%.
“That is 120 extra deaths per million of the population, which is 1,224 people in a population of 10.2 million. The statistics tell us that twelve thousand people died from COVID19 in Sweden. Maybe you can make all that add up. Frankly, I find it impossible.”16
6. Lockdowns Have Worked — Available information reveal lockdowns have been utterly ineffective at decreasing constructive take a look at charges, whereas extracting an enormous price when it comes to human struggling and societal well being.
Using information from the Worldometer,17 Kendrick compiled an inventory of the international locations with the best charge of COVID-19, based mostly on deaths per million of the inhabitants. Every nation on the record, which included the U.Ok., Italy, the U.S., Spain, Mexico and others, had “fairly strict” lockdowns.
Four international locations which were criticized for not having strict lockdowns — Sweden, Japan, Belarus and Nicaragua — didn’t make the record, and have a median dying charge of 391 per million. In distinction, the highest 20 “lockdown” international locations have an common dying charge of 1,520 per million. According to Kendrick:18
“Yet though this proof is on the market, I’m being requested to consider that lockdowns work. At least the WHO agrees with me on this inconceivable factor.
As Dr. David Nabarro, the WHO particular envoy on COVID19 stated, ‘We really do appeal to all world leaders, stop using lockdown as your primary method of control. Lockdowns have just one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer.’19”
7. Asymptomatic Spreaders Are Driving the Pandemic — The reasoning given for lockdowns, masks and social distancing is to cease the unfold of illness amongst people who find themselves asymptomatic. It’s widespread sense to remain house for those who’re sick and exhibiting signs, however for individuals who really feel wholesome, the establishment of lockdowns to forestall asymptomatic unfold is unprecedented.
Yet, throughout a June 8, 2020, press briefing, Maria Van Kerkhove, the World Health Organization’s technical lead for the COVID-19 pandemic, made it very clear that asymptomatic transmission is very rare, which means a person who checks constructive however doesn’t exhibit signs is very unlikely to transmit reside virus to others.
A examine in Nature Communications additionally discovered “there was no evidence of transmission from asymptomatic positive persons to traced close contacts.”20 When they additional examined asymptomatic sufferers for antibodies, they found that 190 of the 300, or 63.3%, had truly had a “hot” or productive an infection ensuing within the manufacturing of antibodies. Still, none of their contacts had been contaminated.21
8. The Virus Didn’t Come From a Lab Accident — Despite the full absence of a plausible zoonotic origin theory, WHO’s investigative fee, tasked with figuring out the origin of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has formally cleared the Wuhan Institute of Virology and two different biosafety stage 4 laboratories in Wuhan of wrongdoing, saying these labs had nothing to do with the COVID-19 outbreak.22
The WHO investigation was riddled with conflicts of interest from the beginning, and no credible principle for pure zoonotic spillover has been offered so far. However, there are a minimum of 4 distinct lab origin theories, together with the serial passage principle, which proposes the virus was created by serial passaging by means of an animal host or cell tradition, in addition to proof for genetic manipulation.23
You could also be questioning, if there’s a lot proof pointing towards a lab origin, why are main well being authorities and scientists dismissing all of it and insisting SARS-CoV-2 is a pure prevalence, mysterious because it may be?
Should the COVID-19 pandemic be formally acknowledged as the results of a lab accident, the world may be compelled to take a chilly onerous take a look at gain-of-function research that permits for the creation of those new pathogens. The finish outcome would ideally be the banning of such analysis worldwide, with vital monetary repercussions, the ending of prestigious careers in that realm and potential legal prices for these concerned as nicely.
In the face of misinformation and manipulation, what you are able to do now could be maintain your eyes open and your ears tuned to the science, so that you don’t fall sufferer to the pointless panic and concern, or the elevated surveillance and control, that’s being created.