Newsweek reveals the all-time highest-grossing movie franchises, based mostly on world field workplace statistics compiled by film business knowledge web site The Numbers.
- 50. Deadpool ($1,570,612,681)
- 49. Alien ($1,629,599,887)
- 48. Matrix ($1,631,254,389)
- 47. How to Train Your Dragon ($1,632,044,397)
- 46. King Kong ($1,639,065,731)
- 45. Guardians of the Galaxy ($1,639,995,496)
- 44. Bourne ($1,665,926,127)
- 43. Godzilla ($1,639,065,731)
- 42. Kung Fu Panda ($1,817,918,903)
- 41. The Incredibles ($1,874,246,451)
- 40. MonsterVerse ($1,895,598,043)
- 39. The Conjuring ($1,904,011,496)
- 38. Men in Black ($1,940,844,428)
- 37. Thor ($1,944,411,912)
- 36. Finding Nemo ($1,961,100,977)
- 35. Indiana Jones ($1,961,339,569)
- 34. Terminator ($2,074,483,263)
- 33. Jumanji ($2,082,972,694)
- 32. Planet of the Apes ($2,115,122,276)
- 31. Captain America ($2,236,890,186)
- 30. Star Trek ($2,266,907,732)
- 29. Madagascar ($2,270,104,142)
- 28. Iron Man ($2,421,720,208)
- 27. Dark Knight Trilogy ($2,440,278,890)
- 26. Superman ($2,553,272,239)
- 25. The Lion King ($2,640,596,802)
- 24. Frozen ($2,714,890,833)
- 23. Avatar ($2,845,899,541)
- 22. The Hobbit ($2,920,570,560)
- 21. Hunger Games ($2,958,353,344)
- 20. Toy Story ($3,054,457,147)
- 19. Ice Age ($3,206,624,261)
- 18. Twilight ($3,317,470,739)
- 17. Shrek ($3,545,629,858)
- 16. Mission: Impossible ($3,577,423,206)
- 15. Despicable Me ($3,710,909,442)
- 14. Pirates of the Caribbean ($4,522,062,632
- 13. Transformers ($4,846,579,018)
- 12. Jurassic Park ($5,008,426,006)
- 11. DC Extended Universe ($5,636,640,023)
- 10. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings ($5,851,235,428)
- 9. Fast and the Furious ($5,893,731,027)
- 8. Batman ($6,040,885,610)
- 7. X-Men ($6,075,357,352)
- 6. James Bond ($7,119,554,288)
- 5. Spider-Man ($7,222,939,596)
- 4. Avengers ($7,752,758,277)
- 3. Harry Potter ($9,215,022,636)
- 2. Star Wars ($10,320,080,370)
- 1. Marvel Cinematic Universe ($22,557,315,232)
50. Deadpool ($1,570,612,681)
The superhero film franchise filled with grownup humor relies on the Marvel Comics character with unbelievable therapeutic powers.
49. Alien ($1,629,599,887)
This long-running science-fiction horror film franchise depicts people battling an extraterrestrial lifeform, generally often called “the Alien” or Xenomorph.
48. Matrix ($1,631,254,389)
This science fiction motion movie trilogy is a dystopian cyberpunk story incorporating loaded references to philosophical and spiritual concepts.
47. How to Train Your Dragon ($1,632,044,397)
This animated franchise from DreamWorks animation revolves round a younger Viking boy who kinds an unlikely friendship with a lethal dragon.
46. King Kong ($1,639,065,731)
King Kong is a fictional monster, resembling an infinite ape, that has appeared in quite a few motion pictures since its 1933 inception.
45. Guardians of the Galaxy ($1,639,995,496)
Marvel’s space-set superhero movie franchise finds a charismatic human forming a bunch with unwilling and eccentric alien characters.
44. Bourne ($1,665,926,127)
These motion pictures are a collection of motion thriller movies based mostly on a CIA murderer affected by amnesia Jason Bourne.
43. Godzilla ($1,639,065,731)
Centered on the fictional kaiju monster Godzilla, that is one of the oldest movie franchises on this record, with the primary film arriving in 1954.
42. Kung Fu Panda ($1,817,918,903)
This DreamWorks animation consisting of three movies is about in historic China following the bumbling panda and kung fu fanatic referred to as Po.
41. The Incredibles ($1,874,246,451)
The animated Incredibles franchise happens in a universe the place a household of superheroes are periodically pressured into motion regardless of a ban issued on them by the Government.
40. MonsterVerse ($1,895,598,043)
The MonsterVerse movie franchise revolves round a collection of outsized monster motion pictures that includes Godzilla and King Kong.
39. The Conjuring ($1,904,011,496)
The Conjuring Universe spans 4 many years and focuses on a collection of supernatural horror movies
38. Men in Black ($1,940,844,428)
The science-fiction franchise focuses on the Men in Black group entrusted to observe and regulate the planet’s paranormal and alien exercise.
37. Thor ($1,944,411,912)
The three-film Marvel superhero franchise finds the god Thor solid out of the unbelievable realm of Asgard by his father Odin to dwell amongst people.
36. Finding Nemo ($1,961,100,977)
Pixar’s two CGI animated journey movies are about pleasant creatures swimming about their every day lives below the ocean.
35. Indiana Jones ($1,961,339,569)
These movies are based mostly on the adventures of fictional professor of archaeology Dr Henry Walton “Indiana” Jones Jr, that started in 1981 with the Raiders of the Lost Ark film.
34. Terminator ($2,074,483,263)
This science-fiction movie franchise addresses the combat between Skynet’s artificially clever killer robots and the human Resistance motion.
33. Jumanji ($2,082,972,694)
These journey comedy motion pictures are partly based mostly on the 1981 youngsters’s ebook and discover characters seemingly marooned inside a magical board sport.
32. Planet of the Apes ($2,115,122,276)
More than 4 many years after Charlton Heston first crash-landed on a dystopian future Earth dominated by apes, this revived CGI franchise is extremely regarded by critics.
31. Captain America ($2,236,890,186)
Marvel’s Captain America finds a frail man is reworked right into a super-soldier and battle evil to save lots of the world.
30. Star Trek ($2,266,907,732)
This science-fiction franchise follows the crew of the Starship Enterprise as they discover area—the ultimate frontier.
29. Madagascar ($2,270,104,142)
This DreamWorks animation follows the adventures of a bunch of animals who’ve spent their pampered life in a New York zoo adjusting to dwelling within the wild.
28. Iron Man ($2,421,720,208)
This Marvels Comics franchise sees billionaire playboy philanthropist Tony Stark assemble a high-tech armoured go well with to combat towards evil.
27. Dark Knight Trilogy ($2,440,278,890)
These three Christopher Nolan motion pictures was a extremely praised franchise centered round billionaire Bruce Wayne and his secret crime preventing alter-ego Batman.
26. Superman ($2,553,272,239)
The franchise primarily follows the adventures of an alien superhero who additionally lives a secret life as a mild-mannered journalist Clark Kent.
25. The Lion King ($2,640,596,802)
This Disney movie franchise a few pleasure of lions dwelling within the African savannah follows on from the success of the 1994 animated characteristic The Lion King.
24. Frozen ($2,714,890,833)
Disney’s Frozen franchise is concerning the animated adventures of Queen Elsa, her sister Princess Anna, Anna’s boyfriend Kristoff who was raised by trolls and magic snowman Olaf.
23. Avatar ($2,845,899,541)
Despite just one movie launched thus far, the eagerly-anticipated sequel to the epic animated science fiction movie Avatar is scheduled to be launched in December subsequent 12 months.
22. The Hobbit ($2,920,570,560)
This trio of excessive fantasy journey movies directed by Peter Jackson relies on the 1937 novel The Hobbit by J R R Tolken.
21. Hunger Games ($2,958,353,344)
This science-fiction dystopian journey movie franchise geared toward younger adults relies on The Hunger Games trilogy of novels.
20. Toy Story ($3,054,457,147)
Despite these animated motion pictures being based mostly on the adventures of youngsters’s playthings, Pixar’s Toy Story, the critically acclaimed franchise additionally appeals to adults.
19. Ice Age ($3,206,624,261)
This animated comedy-drama journey film depicts a bunch of mammals surviving the Paleolithic ice age.
18. Twilight ($3,317,470,739)
The Twilight Saga is a collection of 5 vampire-themed romance fantasy movies aimed to attraction to tweens.
17. Shrek ($3,545,629,858)
The Shrek movie franchise is characterised by its fantastical blended fairytale setting centered round a solitary ogre.
16. Mission: Impossible ($3,577,423,206)
These spy movies produced by and starring Tom Cruise, enjoying Ethan Hunt, an agent of the Impossible Missions Force.
15. Despicable Me ($3,710,909,442)
These animated motion pictures considerations reformed super-villain referred to as Gru assisted by his charismatic yellow-colored Minions.
14. Pirates of the Caribbean ($4,522,062,632
Johnny Depp performs the swashbuckling anti-hero Jack Sparrow on this motion movie franchise set at a time when pirates dominated the excessive seas.
13. Transformers ($4,846,579,018)
This collection of science fiction motion movies are based mostly on battling alien robots which disguise themselves after they arrive on Earth.
12. Jurassic Park ($5,008,426,006)
The Jurassic Park franchise orbits across the try and construct a theme park of cloned dinosaurs.
11. DC Extended Universe ($5,636,640,023)
The DC Universe unites Superman and Batman and introduces traditional comedian ebook characters Wonder Woman and Aquaman to cinema for the primary time.
10. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings ($5,851,235,428)
The Lord of the Rings is the critically acclaimed collection of epic fantasy journey film directed by Peter Jackson, based mostly on the novel by J R R. Tolkien.
9. Fast and the Furious ($5,893,731,027)
This well-liked motion movie franchise facilities on the unlawful road automotive racing scene and audacious heists.
8. Batman ($6,040,885,610)
The caped superhero debuted in a comic book ebook in 1939, and the movie franchise has since acquired a reboot on quite a few events.
7. X-Men ($6,075,357,352)
A group of mutant superheroes, dubbed The X-Men, battle for justice and human acceptance within the Marvel Comics universe.
6. James Bond ($7,119,554,288)
Seven actors in whole have portrayed the debonair British undercover agent and the twenty fifth James Bond film No Die To Die, is belatedly as a result of arrive in cinemas this 12 months.
5. Spider-Man ($7,222,939,596)
Considered one of probably the most profitable superhero motion pictures ever made, Spider-Man is a superhero film adaptation of one of Stan Lee’s hottest Marvel creations.
4. Avengers ($7,752,758,277)
The 4 Avengers motion pictures discover superheroes studying to combat collectively as a group to tackle an array of highly effective enemies.
3. Harry Potter ($9,215,022,636)
This profitable film franchise is carefully based mostly on J Ok Rowling’s fantasy novels chronicling the adventures of the younger wizard and his buddies.
2. Star Wars ($10,320,080,370)
Star Wars is the area opera mythology film franchise created by George Lucas in 1976, which has thus far spawned 11 live-action movies.
1. Marvel Cinematic Universe ($22,557,315,232)
The MCU is bringing its roster of legendary comedian heroes to action-packed life, with 23 movies at present out there within the franchise.
Robert McLaughlin, a movie distribution knowledgeable at Birmingham City University within the U.Ok., famous the unbelievable rise of the Marvel Studio from Howard the Duck within the mid-Eighties to the “cinematic franchise juggernaut” it’s at this time.
“From a B-Lister like Iron Man to the final shots of Avengers Endgame each piece of the MCU was carefully crafted by those who loved the comics and while not every film is five star material each has a unique feel but at the same time gel together and work in the same space,” he instructed Newsweek by electronic mail.
“It is a great…no (Fantastic, Uncanny, Incredible, Mighty and Amazing) time to be a comic book geek!” he added.