Who are the top unrestricted players in NFL free agency? 2021 brings one other sturdy veteran open market throughout positions.
There are a number of splashy targets at large receiver and loads of depth for protection, particularly at edge rusher and security. (*50*) have one huge headliner for now and never a lot else.
For groups seeking to spend their obtainable cash underneath the upcoming wage cap, there are many worthy signings to improve rosters, from high-priced commodities to cut price abilities.
Here’s an total rating of the best total choices and the best by place. Check again for updates as this additionally will function a tracker when players are re-signed, get the franchise tag or land on a brand new crew:
NFL free agency 2021: Ranking the top 50 players
1. Dak Prescott, QB, Cowboys (age: 27)
Despite the early season-ending ankle damage as a franchise-tagged QB in 2020, Prescott is a rising top-10 choice at the recreation’s most essential place. The Cowboys ought to be locking him up with a profitable long-term deal to maintain working their dynamic, loaded passing recreation. Re-signed for 4 years, $160 million
2. Chris Godwin, WR, Buccaneers (age: 24) (franchise-tagged)
Godwin has became a premier slot receiver at 6-1, 209 kilos. He runs nice routes with outdoors versatility and regardless of some notable drops, he has the arms to be dependable throughout the subject. He is not near his prime and the Bucs ought to do every thing they will to maintain him for Tom Brady.
3. Allen Robinson, WR, Bears (age: 27) (franchise-tagged)
Robinson had a large third season with Chicago whereas in his prime as a whole goal with 102 catches for 1,250 yards and 6 TDs. He’ll be seeking to depart Chicago and eventually get paired with a top QB.
4. Shaquil Barrett, EDGE, Buccaneers (age: 28)
Barrett cooled from main the league with 19.5 sacks in his first season in Tampa Bay in 2019, however his huge affect in getting after the quarterback manifested once more in the playoffs. The Bucs will do their best to maintain him to make one other run with their protection in 2021.
5. Justin Simmons, S, Broncos (age: 27) (franchise-tagged)
Simmons (6-2, 202 kilos) had one other huge season making performs for Denver with 5 interceptions and 96 complete tackles. He will likely be a fantastic cleanup man wherever.
6. Trent Williams, OT, 49ers (age: 32)
Williams was excellent changing Joe Staley as.he stayed completely wholesome and dominated again in Kyle Shanahan’s offense. He nonetheless has a couple of stable years left.
7. Aaron Jones, RB, Packers (age: 26)
Jones had a second straight huge yr from scrimmage (1,459 yards, 11 TDs) and remained explosive, averaging 5.5 yards per carry. The Packers will do their best to maintain him with Jamaal Williams heading to free agency with A.J. Dillon set to turn out to be the new energy complement. Re-signed for 4 years, $48 million
8. Anthony Harris, S, Vikings (age: 29)
Harris did not have any interceptions in 2020 after posting 6 in 2019 however he was nonetheless very energetic in protection to assist a struggling total move protection and in addition racked up 104 complete tackles.
9. Kenny Golladay, WR, Lions (age: 27)
“Babytron” is an enormous, speedy field-stretcher (6-4, 215 kilos) and red-zone finisher when wholesome however he performed in solely 5 video games in 2020 after struggling a lingering hip damage. The Lions will attempt to maintain him round as Jared Goff’s go-to man with Marvin Jones Jr. additionally being a free agent.
10. Leonard Williams, DE, Giants (age: 26) (franchise-tagged)
Williams, the Jets’ No. 6 total decide in 2015, had his delayed huge breakout as an inside move rusher for the different New York crew with 11.5 sacks. He continues to be constructed to wreak havoc on the center edge of a 3-4 entrance.
11. Hunter Henry, TE, Chargers (age: 26)
Henry stayed principally wholesome in 2020 which was huge for him, and caught 60 passes for 613 yards and 4 TDs in 14 video games. He was underused somewhat as the Chargers unleashed an aggressive downfield passing recreation with rookie Justin Herbert. But Henry settled into to be a key goal late and could be important to new offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi’s scheme if re-signed.
12. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Steelers (age: 24)
Smith-Schuster might have labored his approach out of Pittsburgh together with his TikTok ticking off Mike Tomlin, however he is a younger slot receiver with excessive manufacturing and large upside. JuJu sneakily obtained as much as 97 catches for 831 yards and 9 TDs in the Steelers’ dink and dunk passing recreation.
13. Will Fuller, WR, Texans (age: 26)
Between accidents and suspension, Fuller can not seem to keep on the subject to provide huge time. The 6-0, 184-pounder has blinding vertical pace as he averaged 16.6 yards per catch on his 53 catches for 879 yards and eight TDs in 11 video games with Deshaun Watson.
14. Lavonte David, LB, Buccaneers (age: 31)
David stays a stable, constant rock of a tackler and rangy playmaker even with a transition in scheme the previous two years. He will help out a protection in some ways and in addition is a seasoned, revered chief. Re-signed for two years, $25 million
15. Richard Sherman, CB, 49ers (age: 32)
Sherman performed in solely 5 video games in 2020 however is coming off a powerful 2019 the place he confirmed his old-school bodily shutdown stylings and in addition had 61 tackles. He has been a welcome chief of San Francisco’s secondary and might have the identical affect on one other crew.
16. J.J. Watt, EDGE,Texans (age: 31)
Watt has slowed down somewhat from his famous person standing however nonetheless had 5 sacks and an interception to make performs for an in any other case weak Houston protection in his ultimate season there. He ought to discover work as an effecitve fast affect starter in one other 3-4 scheme. Signed with Cardinals for two years, $28 million.
17. Marcus Williams, S, Saints (age: 24) (franchise-tagged)
Williams has been constant together with his protection assist from free security with a superb nostril for the ball and he’s fairly stable in run help, too.
18. Brandon Scherff, G, Washington (age: 29) (franchise-tagged)
Scherff retains on plugging away as one in all the recreation’s best all-around inside blockers. He nonetheless has a number of seasons to contribute at a excessive degree.
19. Corey Davis, WR, Titans (age: 26)
Davis lastly broke out as a first-rounder together with his dimension (6-3, 209 kilos) and pace in the Titans’ run-first offense as a fantastic complementary receiver to A.J. Brown for Ryan Tannehill, catching 65 of 92 targets for 984 yards and 5 TDs whereas averaging 15.1 yards per catch.
20. Melvin Ingram, EDGE, Chargers (age: 31)
Ingram is getting up there and his pass-rush manufacturing has gone down with some damage points. But when wholesome, he stays a well-rounded disruptor for both a 4-3 or 3-4 alignment.
21. Corey Linsley, C, Packers (age: 29)
Aaron Rodgers’ foremost snapping man has been a venerable line chief and in addition continues to be an enormous a part of their run-blocking success.
22. Bud Dupree, EDGE, Steelers (age: 27)
Dupree is a sturdy move rusher at 6-4, 269 kilos and was having an enormous season earlier than his knee damage shortened it to 11 video games, wherein he nonetheless produced 8 sacks.
23. Taylor Moton, OT, Panthers (age: 26)
The 2017 second-rounder delivered a powerful third full season as a starter. Moton (6-5, 325 kilos) is best suited to assist one other crew as a run-blocking pressure on the proper aspect. Re-signed for 1 yr, $13.75 million
24. Joe Thuney, G, Patriots (age: 28)
Thuney needed to play some sort out with the Patriots’ line accidents and reshuffling in 2020 however his typical job is crushing it as a run blocker from left guard with good athleticism for his dimension (6-5, 308 kilos).
25. Troy Hill, CB, Rams (age: 29)
Hill (5-11, 183 kilos) got here into his personal reverse Jalen Ramsey, a superb mixture of dynamic ballhawk and aggressive cowl man.
26. Marvin Jones Jr., WR, Lions (age: 30)
Jones used his dimension (6-2, 199 kilos) effectively as a fill-in No. 1 after Golladay went down, ending up with 76 catches for 978 yards and 9 TDs. He will likely be a worthwhile possession man and dependable pink zone goal for this possible third crew.
27. William Jackson III, CB, Bengals (age: 28)
Jackson is one other nice-sized veteran nook (6-0, 196 kilos). His play outdoors was key for an underrated and infrequently tough Bengals move protection.
28. Matt Milano, LB, Bills (age: 26)
Milano battled damage points in 2020 however he was a playmaking pressure with 3.5 sacks, an interception and 45 complete tackles in his 10 video games. Re-signed for 4 years, $44 million
29. Matthew Judon, EDGE, Ravens (age: 28)
Judon produced 6 sacks in 14 video games, somewhat dropoff from 2019, however he remained an energetic tackler. He ought to assist one other 3-4 crew as he is possible too expensive to maintain in Baltimore..
30. Desmond King II, Titans (age: 26)
The Chargers traded King, one in all the recreation’s smoothest slot corners, to the Titans in the center of the season. He additionally will help a crew properly in the return recreation.
31. Yannick Ngakoue, EDGE, Ravens (age: 25)
The former Jaguars standout continued good manufacturing for each Minnesota and Baltimore in a break up 2020 season however he best matches as a pure pass-rushing 4-3 finish.
32. Marcus Maye, S, Jets (age: 27) (franchise-tagged)
Maye did greater than his half to step up as.an all-around playmaker with out Jamal Adams with 2 sacks, 2 interceptions, 11 passes defensed and 88 complete tackles.
33. Jadeveon Clowney, EDGE, Titans (age: 27)
Clowney had extra well being points enjoying solely a half-season (8 video games) and did not report a sack in his subsequent crew after the Seahawks. But he can revive his well-rounded presence again in a standard 3-4 scheme.
34. Carl Lawson, EDGE, Bengals (age: 26)
Lawson has some untapped pass-rushing upside after posting a career-high 5.5 sacks in 2020 and he is additionally fairly sound in opposition to the run from 4-3 finish.
35. Leonard Floyd, EDGE, Rams (age: 28)
Floyd discovered his groove as a move rusher complementing Aaron Donald from 3-4 outdoors linebacker with a career-high 10.5 sacks, shattering his disappointment from the Bears.
36. John Johnson II, S, Rams (age: 25)
Johnson makes use of his dimension (6-0, 209 kilos) effectively and provides to the punch of this positional class. He excels at cleansing up in opposition to the run (105 complete tackles in 2020) and in addition is stable in protection for both free or sturdy security.
37. Shelby Harris, DT, Broncos (age: 29)
Harris is a dependable inside rusher when wholesome (6 sacks in 11 video games in 2020) with a robust, compact body (6-2, 290 kilos) for the place.
38. Mike Hilton, CB, Steelers (age: 26)
Hilton tends to be overshadowed on this secondary due to Minkah Fitzpatrick and Joe Haden, however he had his best nickel season but with 3 interceptions, 3 sacks and 51 complete tackles.
39. Curtis Samuel, WR, Panthers (age: 24)
Samuel was a extremely productive and versatile third receiver in Carolina with 77 catches, 851 yards and three TDs enjoying off Robby Anderson and D.J. Moore and in addition filling a few of the pass-catching void of Christian McCaffrey. He ought to have loads of enchantment elsewhere as a super-young playmaker.
40. Alejandro Villanueva, OT, Steelers (age: 32)
The two-time Pro Bowler is getting up there however at 6-9, 320 kilos, he can present a couple of extra years of stable left sort out play.
41. Jonnu Smith, TE, Titans (age: 25)
Smith performs larger than his dimension (6-3, 248 kilos) as a short-area receiver and blocker. He stayed wholesome for 15 video games, catching 41 passes for 448 yards and eight TDs in 2020.
42. Shaquill Griffin, CB, Seahawks (age: 25)
Griffin is one other nook with good dimension (6-0, 198 kilos) obtainable on the open market. In solely 12 video games, he had 3 interceptions, 12 passes defensed and 63 complete tackles in 2020.
43. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Giants (age: 26)
Tomlinson is a reasonably mighty 3-4 nostril at 6-3, 318 kilos with constant juice to get into the backfield. He posted 3.5 sacks and 49 complete tackles in every of the previous two sturdy seasons.
44. Russell Okung, OT, Panthers (age: 32)
Okung stays sturdy for his dimension (6-5, 310 kilos) when wholesome, which hasn’t been the case the previous two seasons with the Chargers and Panthers. He is a short-term left-side answer for somebody.
45. Kenyan Drake, RB, Cardinals (age: 27)
Drake performed 2020 underneath the transition tag however was brief of persistently being featured by Kliff Kingsbury in the Cardinals’ prolific dashing assault. He nonetheless racked up 1,092 yards from scrimmage and 10 TDs on 264 touches over 15 video games.
46. Jayon Brown, LB, Titans (age: 25)
Brown does somewhat little bit of every thing effectively inside with a baseline of prolific tackling when wholesome plus the capability to ship as a canopy man and blitzer when wanted. He’s best suited to remain in a 3-4 sharing the second-level duties.
47. Patrick Peterson, CB, Cardinals (age: 30)
Peterson has slowed down from his shutdown degree however he stays a savvy, dependable cowl man and sturdy playmaker on the outdoors. He posted 3 interceptions and 61 complete tackles in 2020.
48. Chris Carson, RB, Seahawks (age: 26)
Carson does have some sturdiness points and missed one other 4 video games in 2020, however he additionally got here by means of once more as an enormous again (5-11, 222 kilos) in a run-heavy assault with 178 touches for 968 scrimmage yards and 9 TDs in 12 video games
49. Jameis Winston, QB, Saints (age: 27)
Winston, after a worthy yr in Sean Payton’s offense backing up Drew Brees, should not be completely ignored in free agency once more given so many groups having QB issues and the truth he nonetheless has some huge upside with that huge arm. Should Brees retire, nevertheless, he will not be promoted over Taysom Hill, so a second shot at a beginning gig must be elsewhere.
50. Daryl Williams, OT, Bills (age: 28)
Williams returned to sturdy full-time beginning standing for Buffalo after final having that type of function with Carolina in 2017. He was a rock together with his dimension (6-6, 330 kilos) and energy for the proper aspect. Re-signed for 3 years, $28.2 million
2021 NFL free brokers: Tracking top players by place
- Dak Prescott, Cowboys (re-signed for 4 years, $160 million)
- Jameis Winston, Saints
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Dolphins
- Mitchell Trubisky, Bears
- Andy Dalton, Cowboys
- Cam Newton, Patriots (re-signed for 1 yr, $14 million)
- Alex Smith, Washington
- Tyrod Taylor, Chargers
- Jacoby Brissett, Colts
- Aaron Jones, Packers (re-signed for 4 years, $48 million)
- Kenyan Drake, Cardinals
- Chris Carson, Seahawks
- Leonard Fournette, Buccaneers
- Phillip Lindsay, Broncos
- James Conner, Steelers
- Mike Davis, Panthers
- James White, Patriots
- Le’Veon Bell, Chiefs
- Todd Gurley, Falcons
- Tevin Coleman, 49ers
- Duke Johnson, Texans
- Mark Ingram, Ravens (signed by Texans for 1 yr)
- Chris Godwin, Buccaneers (franchise-tagged)
- Allen Robinson, Bears (franchise-tagged)
- Kenny Golladay, Lions
- JuJu Smith-Schuster, Steelers
- Will Fuller, Texans
- Corey Davis, Titans
- Marvin Jones Jr., Lions
- Curtis Samuel, Panthers
- Nelson Agholor, Raiders
- Antonio Brown, Buccaneers
- T.Y. Hilton, Colts
- A.J. Green, Bengals
- Sammy Watkins, Chiefs
- Keelan Cole, Jaguars
- Adam Humphries, Titans
- Danny Amendola, Lions
- Breshad Perriman, Jets
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
- Golden Tate, Giants
- DeSean Jackson, Eagles
- Hunter Henry, Chargers
- Jonnu Smith, Titans
- Rob Gronkowski, Buccaneers
- Gerald Everett, Rams
- Jared Cook, Saints
- Kyle Rudolph, Vikings
- Tyler Eifert, Jaguars
- Josh Hill, Saints (signed with Lions)
- Trent Williams, 49ers
- Taylor Moton, Panthers (re-signed for 1 yr, $13.75 million)
- Alejandro Villanueva, Steelers
- Russell Okung, Panthers
- Daryl Williams, Bills (re-signed for 3 years, $28.2 millon)
- Cam Robinson, Jaguars (franchise-tagged)
- Eric Fisher, Chiefs
- MItchell Schwartz, Chiefs
- Cameron Fleming, Giants
- Bobby Massie, Bears
- Kelvin Beachum, Cardinals
- Matt Feiler, Steelers
- Brandon Scherff, Washington (franchise-tagged)
- Joe Thuney, Patriots
- Lane Taylor, Packers
- Gabe Jackson, Raiders
- James Carpenter, Falcons
- Jon Feliciano, Bills (re-signed for 3 years, $17 million)
- Richie Incognito, Raiders
- Trai Turner, Chargers
- Corey Linsley, Packers
- David Andrews, Patriots
- Austin Reiter, Chiefs
- Alex Mack, Falcons
- Nick Martin, Texans
- Leonard Williams, Giants (franchise-tagged)
- Shelby Harris, Broncos
- Dalvin Tomlinson, Giants
- Sheldon Rankins, Saints
- Ndamukong Suh, Buccaneers
- Tyrone Crawford, Cowboys
- Jurrell Casey, Broncos
- Henry Anderson, Jets
- Shaquil Barrett, Buccaneers
- J.J. Watt, Texans (signed with Cardinals for two years, $28 million)
- Melvin Ingram, Chargers
- Bud Dupree, Steelers
- Matthew Judon, Ravens
- Yannick Ngakuoe, Ravens
- Jadeveon Clowney, Titans
- Carl Lawson, Bengals
- Leonard Floyd, Rams
- Trey Hendrickson, Saints
- Haason Reddick, Cardinals
- Justin Houston, Colts
- Aldon Smith, Cowboys
- Romeo Okwara, Lions
- Carlos Dunlap, Seahawks
- Takk McKinley, Falcons
- Adrian Clayborn, Browns
- Mario Edwards, Bears (re-signed for 3 years, $11.55 million)
- Lavonte David, Buccaneers (re-signed for two years, $25 million)
- Matt Milano, Bills (re-signed for 4 years, $44 million)
- Jayon Brown, Titans
- Denzel Perryman, Chargers
- Ok.J. Wright, Seahawks
- Richard Sherman, 49ers
- Troy Hill, Rams
- William Jackson III, Bengals
- Desmond King II, Titans
- Mike Hilton, Steelers
- Patrick Peterson, Cardinals
- Shaquill Griffin, Seahawks
- Quinton Dunbar, Seahawks
- Xavier Rhodes, Colts
- Ronald Darby, Washington
- Jason Verrett, 49ers
- Mackensie Alexander, Bengals
- Brian Poole, Jets
- Chidobe Awuzie, Cowboys
- Nickell Robey-Coleman, Eagles
- Breshaud Breeland, Chiefs
- Casey Hayward, Chargers
- Cameron Sutton, Steelers
- Ok’Waun Williams, 49ers
- Gareon Conley, Texans
- A.J. Bouye, Broncos
- Buster Skrine, Bears
- Justin Coleman, Lions
- Justin Simmons, Broncos (franchise-tagged)
- Anthony Harris, Vikings
- Marcus Williams, Saints (franchise-tagged)
- Marcus Maye, Jets (franchise-tagged)
- John Johnson III, Rams
- Malik Hooker, Colts
- Keanu Neal, Falcons
- Jaquiski Tartt, 49ers
- Xavier Woods, Cowboys
- Ricardo Allen, Falcons
- Tre Boston, Panthers
- Lamarcus Joyner, Raiders
- Younghoe Koo, Falcons (re-signed for 1 yr)
- Zane Gonzalez, Cardinals
- Cairo Santos, Bears (re-signed for five years, $16 million)
- Ryan Succop, Buccaneers
- Matt Prater, Lions
- Dustin Hopkins, Washington (re-signed for 1 yr)
- Stephen Gostkowski, Titans
- Cody Parkey, Browns
- Randy Bullock, Bengals
- Nick Folk, Patriots
- Dan Bailey, Vikings
- Kevin Huber, Bengals
- Pat O’Donnell, Bears (re-signed for 1 yr)
- Jordan Berry, Steelers
- Andy Lee, Cardinals
- Matt Haack, Dolphins
- Thomas Morstead, Saints