These do-it-yourself canine treats are going to be your pup’s new obsession. They’re tremendous straightforward to throw collectively and stuffed with wholesome components!
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe
I’m so excited for the primary dog-friendly recipe to be up on the weblog! We people get so many tasty baked items, it’s time that our pups do, too! It’s laborious to know what canine treats are wholesome or not. Unfortunately, so many prepackaged treats are loaded with fillers and preservatives. Today, we’re making canine treats with only a few easy components. Pumpkin purée, peanut butter, eggs, whole-wheat flour, and cinnamon are all you want! Honestly, it’s a aid figuring out what precisely goes into these canine treats so we don’t have to fret! My women are obsessive about making these. It’s a enjoyable exercise for all of us! And most significantly, our Portuguese Water Dog, Leia, provides them a ten/10.
The basis of those treats is a mixture of peanut butter and pumpkin purée. Peanut butter, carefully, is a superb supply of wholesome fat and protein on your canine! Similarly, a pumpkin is nice for regulating your canine’s digestive system. It’s stuffed with fiber! Eggs, whole-wheat flour, and cinnamon are all utterly wholesome for canine to eat, and create the cookie-like texture of the deal with as soon as baked. Heads up: these are additionally secure for people to eat. I’m not going to guage should you munch on a pair! They are basically a pumpkin spice biscuit.
Homemade Dog Treat Ingredients
Only 5 human-grade components are wanted for these cute little treats! All are straightforward in your canine’s abdomen. I examined these treats on a couple of of our household’s canine with flying colours. Yours will love them, too!
- Pumpkin Purée: Adding pumpkin purée helps these treats to be simply digestible!
- Peanut Butter: What canine doesn’t like peanut butter? It is filled with proteins and wholesome fat on your pup. Just be sure there isn’t any xylitol within the model you select. Xylitol is a man-made sweetener that’s poisonous to canine.
- Eggs: Used as a binding agent to present these treats their cookie-like kind!
- Whole-Wheat Flour: I like to make use of whole-wheat flour for its well being advantages. If your canine has a gluten intolerance, go for a gluten-free flour!
- Cinnamon: In small portions, cinnamon is a wonderfully secure ingredient for canine treats. It will add additional taste!
How to Make Dog Treats at Home
Making treats on your canine at house is a cinch. It’s enjoyable, too! You can use any form of cookie cutter you want! With Halloween developing, some spooky canine treats would make an superior reward on your family members with furry mates!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Baking Sheet: To begin, preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In the bowl of a mixer, use the paddle attachment to mix the pumpkin, peanut butter and eggs on medium excessive velocity.
- Add Flour and Cinnamon: Next, add within the flour and cinnamon and blend till a stiff dough has shaped.
- Roll Out Dough and Cut: Turn the dough out on a calmly floured floor and roll out to ¼ inch thick. Then, use cookie cutters to chop your required shapes!
- Bake: Bake for about 20-25 minutes, till the perimeters start to show golden brown. Allow to chill utterly.
- Serve: Your treats are prepared on your favourite pups!
Tips for Successful Dog Treats
Homemade canine treats need to be made with the fitting components to keep away from feeding your furry buddy one thing that would doubtlessly make them sick. This recipe is fairly easy, however there are a couple of ideas that can assist you make these completely canine-friendly!
- Natural Peanut Butter: Quite a couple of peanut butters include xylitol as a sugar substitute. It’s completely advantageous for human consumption, but it surely’s very toxic for canine! Be certain to verify the components in your peanut butter earlier than utilizing it on this recipe. I choose an all pure peanut butter that doesn’t include any sweetener in any respect.
- Whole-Wheat Flour: Whole wheat has extra vitamins in it and is extra helpful on your canine, however should you don’t have entire wheat flour you possibly can substitute all-purpose flour as a substitute.
- NO Nutmeg: If you wish to get artistic and add a couple of spices to the recipe, make sure to not add nutmeg. Nutmeg is poisonous to canine and shouldn’t be included on this recipe. This contains any form of pumpkin pie spice because it virtually all the time has nutmeg in it.
Storing Homemade Dog Treats
Homemade canine treats are freed from all of the preservatives you discover in store-bought canine treats. The solely draw back to them is their shelf-life being shorter than typical treats. By storing them within the fridge or freezer as a substitute of at room temperature, you possibly can lengthen their shelf life!
- At Room Temperature: Store in an hermetic container or ziplock bag at room temperature for as much as 7 days.
- In the Refrigerator: Your canine treats will hold within the fridge for as much as 3 weeks. Store in an hermetic container or ziplock bag for greatest outcomes!
- In the Freezer: When saved in a resealable freezer bag, your treats will final 3 months. Allow to thaw earlier than serving to your pup.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add within the flour and cinnamon and blend till a stiff dough has shaped.
- Turn the dough out on a calmly floured floor and roll out to ¼ inch thick. Use cookie cutters to chop your required shapes.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, till the perimeters start to show golden brown. Allow cooling utterly.
Calories73kcal (4%)Carbohydrates11g (4%)Protein3g (6%)Fat3g (5%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gTrans Fat1gCholesterol16mg (5%)Sodium23mg (1%)Potassium96mg (3%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A1613IU (32%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium11mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary information relies on third social gathering calculations and is just an estimate. Each recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.