Croissant bread pudding is the right breakfast meals! Drizzled with a creamy, vanilla sauce, this mushy bread pudding is so wonderful that you simply gained’t need to cease at only one piece!
Rich and silky clean, this mushy croissant bread pudding has rapidly develop into a favourite of mine! It is totally scrumptious. If you need to create the right brunch then make this Monkey Bread, Coconut Banana Bread, and these wonderful Egg Muffins to go together with it!
Croissant Bread Pudding
If you’re keen on bread pudding as a lot as I do then making them with croissants will blow you away! It brings in the very best style and texture and also you gained’t need to make this another approach once more! The croissants actually add to the bread pudding by soaking in all the scrumptious flavors. And if you add in that vanilla sauce on high, effectively, it simply takes this to an entire new stage! Plus, you’ll be able to change it up by topping it with some Homemade Blueberry Syrup, or Homemade Imitation Maple Syrup as a substitute!
Croissant bread pudding is a scrumptious tackle conventional bread pudding. Using croissants as a substitute of bread actually makes this recipe lots lighter in texture. This means you can eat extra, which I all the time think about a very good factor! I additionally love that I can use my stale croissants to make this recipe. They don’t have to be contemporary after which those that I have already got don’t need to go to waste! It’s the right answer. It makes a wonderful scorching and candy breakfast or brunch choice! Go forward and take a look at it, I do know that you’ll like it!
Ingredients in Croissant Bread Pudding
Made from substances that you simply in all probability have already got in your kitchen, this croissant bread pudding is very easy! See the recipe card under for an inventory of tangible measurements.
- Whole milk: You can use 1% or 2% however the entire milk will actually give it a wonderful style and texture.
- Heavy cream: This ingredient makes it thick and straightforward to take in into the croissants.
- Eggs: Make positive that you simply use eggs which can be at room temperature in order that they combine in higher!
- Granulated sugar: The sugar brings in a delicous and candy style.
- Vanilla extract: This will add a taste to the sweetness of the sugar!
- Salt: Salt enhances the flavors of all the different substances!
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a should on this dish! It provides a lot to the flavour.
- Croissants: Make positive that if you find yourself chopping up the croissants that they’re lower into 1 inch cubes.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter on this recipe.
- Granulated sugar: Using granulated sugar will actually create a yummy style and thicker texture on this sauce.
- Heavy cream: It makes the sauce thick and creamy!
- Vanilla Bean Paste: Using a vanilla bean paste will actually convey an incredible and distinct taste. But, in the event you don’t have the paste you should utilize vanilla extract as a substitute!
Let’s Start Baking!
This croissant bread pudding is so scrumptious and easy! It takes about an hour and a half from begin to end and most of that point is spent soaking and baking.
- Preheat and spray: Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and put aside.
- Whisk, add croissants and soak: In a big bowl whisk collectively the milk, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Add the croissant cubes and blend collectively till the croissants are absolutely coated within the cream combination. Let it sit for 25-Half-hour, stirring about Quarter-hour in.
- Bake: Once the croissants have soaked pour the combination into the ready pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, till the custard is ready and the croissants are beginning to brown. While the bread pudding is baking put together the vanilla sauce.
- Make vanilla sauce: In a medium saucepan mix the butter, sugar and cream. Whisk continuously over medium warmth till the sauce thickens and coast the again of a spoon. Remove from the warmth and add the vanilla.
- Let bread placing sit after which add sauce: Allow the bread pudding to take a seat for least 20 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with heat vanilla sauce.
Tips For Croissant Bread Pudding
Croissant bread pudding is very easy and amazingly scrumptious! Use these tricks to make the BEST bread pudding you’ve ever had!
- Stale croissants: Croissants are an enormous hit for breakfast in my home, however they have a tendency to lose their attraction after just a few days. Once they start to get stale (often by day 3) they’re excellent for this recipe! Acting as buttery sponges for the custard base of this bread pudding, they soak every thing in making the style and the flavour completely pleasant!
- Milk and cream: Using each milk and heavy cream for the custard base will give your bread pudding a silky, wealthy texture. You can use 4 cups of milk and no cream in the event you would like it just a little bit lighter.
- Let the bread soak: Giving your croissants time to soak within the custard combination earlier than baking will give it time to essentially take in the liquid. If you don’t enable it to soak lengthy sufficient chances are you’ll find yourself with dry items all through your pudding.
How to Store Leftovers
You can completely make this forward or retailer your leftovers so as to take pleasure in them later! Follow the following tips and you may have croissant bread pudding for days!
- Refrigerator: Once your bread pudding has cooled, retailer it in an hermetic container or cowl it with foil. Then, you’ll be able to retailer it in your frige for as much as 3 days.
- Reheating: You can reheat a person piece by placing it within the microwave for 45 seconds or till it’s heat! Or, you’ll be able to reheat your entire pan. Preheat your oven to 350 levels and prepare dinner it (uncovered) for 10-Quarter-hour till it’s heated via.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and put aside.
- In a big bowl whisk collectively the milk, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon. Add the croissant cubes and blend collectively till the croissants are absolutely coated within the cream combination. Let it sit for 25-Half-hour, stirring about Quarter-hour in.
Once the croissants have soaked pour the combination into the ready pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, till the custard, is ready and the croissants are beginning to brown. While the bread pudding is baking put together the vanilla sauce.
- In a medium saucepan mix the butter, sugar, and cream. Whisk continuously over medium warmth till the sauce thickens and coats the again of a spoon. Remove from the warmth and add the vanilla.
Allow the bread pudding to take a seat for a minimum of 20 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with heat vanilla sauce.
Calories515kcal (26%)Carbohydrates55g (18%)Protein7g (14%)Fat31g (48%)Saturated Fat18g (90%)Polyunsaturated Fat2gMonounsaturated Fat9gTrans Fat1gCholesterol216mg (72%)Sodium182mg (8%)Potassium145mg (4%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar53g (59%)Vitamin A1212IU (24%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium103mg (10%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary information relies on third get together calculations and is barely an estimate. Each recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.