MANILA, Philippines — Labor chief and presidential aspirant Leody De Guzman and his operating mate Walden Bello on Saturday mentioned they may push for the decriminalization of abortion and the legalization of divorce and same-sex marriage ought to they win within the elections subsequent 12 months.
De Guzman and Bello who’re operating below the Laban ng Masa celebration bared their platform in an online presentation. The tandem mentioned they’d institute measures to completely obtain gender equality and gender rights by passing a divorce legislation, decriminalizing abortion in addition to legalizing same-sex marriage, and supporting different types of household preparations.
De Guzman, in an announcement despatched to INQUIRER.web, defined that marriage is a “contract” that ratifies the union of two folks.
“Gaya ng kahit anong kontrata, may karapatan ang bawat tao na nasa hustong edad na pumasok dito,” he instructed INQUIRER.web. “At tulad ng ibang kontrata, malaya din sila dapat makaalis kung hindi na ito pabor sa kanila.”
(Just like some other contract, each one who is of authorized age has a proper to enter [a marriage]. And similar to different contracts, they need to even be free to go ought to issues prove unfavorable.)
“Kung naniniwala tayo sa pagkakapantay-pantay ng tao, sa tingin ko tama lang na malegalisa ang similar intercourse marriage at divorce para matamasa ng lahat ang mga benepisyo’t karapatan na kaugnay sa pagpapakasal.
(If we consider in equality amongst folks, I feel it’s time to legalize same-sex marriage and divorce so everybody may take pleasure in the advantages and rights of being married.)
De Guzman additionally referred to as abortion a “health issue.”
“Sa tingin ko mabuti ito para makamit ng kababaihan ang tunay na kalayaan na magdikta para sa kanilang mga katawan at buhay,” he mentioned.
(I feel that is good for girls, who will obtain a way of autonomy to choose with their very own life and physique.)
“Marami pang ibang sitwasyon ang kababaihan kung saan sila ay maaaring mangailangan ng abortion at sa tingin ko nararapat na madala nila ito sa kanilang mga doktor na walang takot na makulong o mapahamak,” he added.
(There are many conditions that necessitate an abortion. I additionally suppose that they may seek the advice of their docs about this with out the worry of hazard and imprisonment.)
In the Philippines, each abortion and divorce are prohibited.
De Guzman and Bello are additionally pushing for the imposition of a “wealth tax” on the 250 richest Filipinos with an extra 1-3 % tax.
They would additionally push for the elevating of the minimal wage to P750 throughout the board and ending the follow of contractualization, placing value management on main and primary commodities, and freezing the nation’s compliance with the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The tandem additionally promised to offer free healthcare and schooling for all, in addition to month-to-month meals and well being subsidies to all Filipinos.
De Guzman famous that he and Bello are the one candidates who may “confront the interests” of the billionaires and the ruling energy.
“Walang ibang kandidato sa pagkapangulo ang magbibitbit ng ganitong plataporma. Bakit? Dahil sila mismo ay bilyonaryo o umaasa sa suporta ng bilyonaryo upang manalo!,” he mentioned through the online launch of their platform.
(No different candidates for the presidency may advance this type of platform. Why? Because they depend on the assist of billionaires to win!)
For his half, Bello additionally mentioned their duo are the one ones able to stopping the “Marcos-Duterte axis of evil” in addition to the one one with a “comprehensive program for social transformation.”
Here are the expounded financial and social improvement in addition to political platforms of the duo.
- Impose wealth tax of people with a web value of above P100 million, whereas repealing all consumption-based tax legal guidelines in favor of a extra progressive tax system. This would have an effect on the 250-300 richest Filipinos who’ve a mixed web value of P31.66 trillion. They would pay the estimated quantities of P316 billion at 1 % price; P633 billion at 2 % price; and one trillion pesos at 3 % price.
- Impose value controls on oil, electrical energy, web, water, farm inputs, and different primary commodities.
P2,000 month-to-month meals subsidy and P3,000 month-to-month well being subsidy for all
- Guarantee free respectable housing for the homeless
Distribute without spending a dime all remaining lands below the agrarian reform, forestall land conversions particularly by giant property companies
- Freeze compliance with all World Trade Organization directives
- Repeal of the 2019 Rice Tariffication Law
- End political dynasties
- Prosecution of President Rodrigo Duterte and accomplices by the native judicial system and the International Criminal Court for alleged involvement in 1000’s of extrajudicial killings throughout his time period
- Exhumation of the stays of former president Ferdinand Marcos from the Libingan ng mga Bayani in addition to the restoration and return to the general public area of the remaining stolen wealth of the Marcoses amounting to P126 billion and prosecute Marcos relations who’ve saved and utilized their stolen wealth
- Uphold the proper to self-determination of minority ethnic communities, supporting the Bangsamoro folks’s battle for full and significant autonomy
- Unconditionally resume peace talks with the CPP-NPA-NDF
- Ending the Mutual Defense Treaty, the Visiting Forces Agreement and the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA) with the US and speedy closure of all US de facto army bases within the nation.
- Rejection of the expansionist and sphere-of-influence claims of China and the U.S. within the West Philippine Sea whereas selling a commons-based improvement and utilization of pure assets in disputed areas.
Platforms for girls, LGBTQIA+
- Pass a divorce legislation
- Decriminalize abortion
- Pass new laws to deal with the gender wage hole;
- Strengthen reproductive rights; shield ladies from all discrimination
- Legalize the LGBTQIA+ gender class
- Legalize same-sex marriage and assist different types of household preparations
Bello, in the meantime, additionally dared fellow aspirants to reveal their very own platforms.
“This election campaign should center on platforms instead of personalities,” Bello mentioned. “But right now we are the only ones who have so far come out with a comprehensive program and plan of action.”
Bello additionally blasted Senator Manny Pacquiao and Panfilo Ping Lacson, Manila Mayor Isko Moreno, and former senator and son of late dictator Ferdinand Marcos Jr. for promising “the moon and the sky and everything nice.”
“Leody and I, in contrast, offer a tough program of real reform that cannot succeed unless most of our people rally behind it to defy the rich and the powerful that will lose by it,” Bello mentioned.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get entry to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & different 70+ titles, share as much as 5 devices, take heed to the information, obtain as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.