Bravely Default 2 is a large recreation with loads of content material, so we have accrued an assorted checklist of tricks to get you began! Whether you need assistance with controls, battles, or dungeons, discover the guidelines you want in our Bravely Default 2 information.
Looking for one thing particular? Click/Tap the hyperlinks under to leap to:
- Any key areas you want to go to to progress the story ahead can be marked in your mini-map with a yellow diamond-like icon.
- If you ever get misplaced in the course of the story, press and maintain R to rapidly verify in your present targets.
Your very first treasure chest is in your bedside—don’t skip it!
The Travelogue is your buddy. If you end up with questions, you’ll be able to peruse the ‘Tutorials’ part by opening your fundamental menu and choosing ‘Travelogue’, ‘Memories’, and ‘Tutorials’.
The Travelogue part of the menu additionally offers you entry to:
- Details of any quests you have undertaken
- Settings associated to quest markers
- Events and occasion chat scenes you have beforehand come throughout
- Any tutorials you have unlocked
It’s at all times a superb place to go if you happen to want steering all through your travels.
Beginner Battle Tips
- If you discover a member of your occasion affected by Confusion or Charm, use the ‘Attack’ battle command of one other member on the occasion member; ideally somebody who has a weak bodily assault like Black Mage or White Mage.
- Save your Phoenix Down’s and ceaselessly relaxation at an Inn to revive HP and MP over utilizing objects. You also can pickup some Tents on the Item Shop to get well HP/MP and heal fight Status Ailments whereas out within the subject or at a save level.
- Don’t be stingy when stocking up on Potions, Ethers, and Phoenix Down!
- Additionally, as you progress the story and full facet-quests, new objects will turn out to be accessible within the retailers, so verify again usually!
- Your first intuition could also be to pickup the largest, most harmful-wanting weapon within the merchandise store, however it’s important to take into consideration how heavy they’re first. If you overload your self with gear that is too heavy in your character, you may run into all types of hassle. Check your Weight stat in your attributes web page, and pay attention to the Overloaded notification on any weapons or armor you equip.
- In addition to weapons and armor, you may also equip equipment. Some equipment boosts stats and even create a barrier in opposition to spells and fight standing illnesses, so select properly.
- Don’t promote something. Horde all of it. You by no means know what would possibly turn out to be useful. Be certain to replenish on therapeutic objects earlier than heading out! You by no means know what you might want in your journey.
Dungeon and Exploration Tips
- When you are in a dungeon, you may sometimes come throughout a shiny blue circle on the bottom. These are particular portals that may whisk your occasion to and from the dungeon entrance right away. This may be actually helpful if you want to come out to the open subject and relaxation up in a tent, or journey again to city and improve your gear. Use them as checkpoints that will help you progress safely by harmful dungeons.
- In dungeons, additionally, you will come throughout save factors the place it can save you your progress and relaxation up with a tent. If issues get troublesome in a dungeon and there is not a save level or portal shut at hand, you should use a teleport stone to flee to the dungeon entrance.
- Talk to everyone—you by no means know who will provide you with objects or what suggestions NPCs might have for you. By speaking to NPCs with blue dialogue bins above their heads, you’ll be able to even start particular facet-quests to obtain uncommon objects and even rarer Asterisks!
- When in a brand new place, go in to each retailer and crevice—there are treasure chests in every single place!
- If you end up in a very troublesome dungeon, you should use a Teleport Stone to rapidly escape to the doorway.
- Pickup just a few Magnifying Glasses on the Item Shop! You can pinpoint an enemy’s weak spot through the use of the Freelancer ‘Examine’ capability to uncover HP and weak spot. If you do not have a Freelancer in your occasion, use a Magnifying Glass out of your stock on an enemy throughout battle. If you need to see these vulnerabilities displayed once more, press the ‘Battle Info’ command throughout a combat.
Beginner Controls Tips
- For an in depth overview of varied controls within the recreation, open the principle menu and go to Options > Controls.
- Save usually! To rapidly save, press – in your left pleasure-con controller to rapidly deliver up the save recreation menu. You can save your recreation any time while you’re in a city or out within the subject by opening the menu and choosing ‘Options’ then ‘Save”. There’s also an auto-save function which can be toggled off or on. By default, it is turned on.
- Swing your sword at enemies on the open field to gain the upper hand in battle by engaging with ‘Y’ on your right joy-con! Who knows, you might even get a BP boost. You may also find treasures in grassy areas on the open field when swinging your sword—items, pg, weapons—give it a try.
- When you’re out on the field and you don’t care to encounter anymore enemies, use a Ward Light. These can be purchased in Item Shops, and they make it harder for enemies to spot your party.
- When up against a powerful enemy, build your BP (and defenses) by starting the fight off with Default, and then unleash your attacks when the enemy’s defenses are down. Keep in mind that saving BP (Brave Points) and unleashing them all at once will send your BP into the negative leaving your defenses open, and you will be unable to perform more actions until your BP has recovered.
- You’ll never know what enemies you run in to, so it’s always a good idea to have a variety of Asterisks leveled to take on any job that comes your way. A well-balanced team is ten times as effective as any gaggle of one-trick ponies. With that being said, the members in your party have their own unique set of attributes. Mix and match characters with different jobs to figure out what each character excels at. You can find quick tips on all jobs available in the Tutorial section within the Travelogue.
- As you travel in the open field, bear in mind that more monsters will appear at night, and nastier ones, too! If you want to make it to your destination with the minimum of hassle, traveling during the daytime, and if you’re looking to gain more battle experience or if you’re just looking for a challenge, night time is the right time.
- You’ll occasionally come across certain rare breeds of monster when wandering on the open field. They’re much stronger than their fellow creatures, and wading into battle with one of these nasties unprepared will land you on the title screen. So when you spot one, save your game, and only approach if you’re sure you’re ready to take it on.
- Monsters will sometimes drop ‘Monster Treats’ that will lure specific monster types to the player on the open field. Look in your Items menu, and go to the ‘Monster Treats’ section to view what you have on hand. As mentioned above, more monsters will spawn at nighttime on the open field. If you’re looking for an even extra challenge, try luring even more monsters out with Monster Treats!
- You can equip Passive Abilities on the Abilities page to make your life easier as you progress through the game. Trying equipping the Freelancer’s ‘Diving Rod’ ability to see how many treasure chests are waiting for you to open on the map! The number of available chests will be displayed next to your mini-map.
- In main cities, Wagons will allow you to journey rapidly from one metropolis you have already visited to another—for free! It’s at all times good to verify and see if the final place you visited has any new facet-quests accessible.