Cajun fries are baked to absolute perfection! With a scrumptious, spicy style and crispy texture, I don’t suppose that they get a lot better than this!
If you’re keen on french fries, then these will certainly hit the spot. I really like something with a spicy kick to it in order that makes these fries the proper snack or aspect! Cook up some Shrimp Boil Foil Packets, Angel Biscuits and finish the night time with some Mississippi Mud Cake. It will probably be a southern meal for the books!
What Do Cajun Fries Taste Like?
Cajun fries are significantly considered one of my favourite methods to prepare dinner up some french fries! They have the proper quantity of seasoning and taste. This makes them in a position to stand out on their very own or be blended in as a aspect to mainly any meal. Cajun seasoning that you just use to taste these fries with, it spicy however the warmth isn’t an excessive amount of. The Cajun taste hails from Louisiana which is why you will note this spice utilized in jambalaya, shrimp, and even lobster tails!
Cajun fries take that spicy (however not too heat-filled) taste and add it to everybody’s favourite and basic aspect. French fries! Once you mix that scrumptious and crispy french fry with this superb Cajun flavoring, you received’t ever return to plain, salted fried once more. It takes french fries to a complete new stage. Make certain that you just double this recipe if you’re feeding a big crowd as a result of these will fly off of your desk so quick! They are finger-licking good and positively a recipe that you must bookmark!
Ingredients You Need to Make Cajun Fries
The better part about this recipe is that it’s restaurant-quality french fries with solely FOUR components! And ones that you just most likely have already got at dwelling! See the recipe card beneath for an inventory of actual measurements.
- Russet Potatoes: When you slice up your potatoes, be certain that to maintain all of them about the identical dimension. I be certain that to observe this rigorously as a result of it will have an effect on how evenly your fries prepare dinner. They will prepare dinner higher if they’re all about the identical dimension.
- Olive Oil: I like to make use of olive oil as a result of it’s more healthy however you should use vegetable oil if that’s all that you’ve got readily available.
- Cajun Seasoning: If you’ll be able to, attempt to make this homemade cajun seasoning beforehand. I feel it’s definitely worth the superb style! But… for those who solely have time for store-bought then that may work too!
- Salt: The salt simply enhances the seasoning taste!
Let’s Cook Up Some Fries!
French fries are considered one of my favourite and simple recipes to prepare dinner up. They ship on superb style and texture and these Cajun fries do exactly that!
- Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Clean and minimize the potatoes: Scrub the potatoes clear. If you want to peel them go forward, however I selected to depart the skins on. Either press the potatoes by way of a big fry cutter or minimize into ½ inch sq. sticks.
- Soak and rinse: Add your minimize potatoes to a big bowl of chilly water and soak for not less than half-hour to launch the surplus potato starch. After half-hour is up, drain and rinse potatoes.
- Dry the potatoes and coat with seasoning: Dry the potatoes very effectively and lay them out on a big baking sheet. Add the olive oil, cajun seasoning and salt to the potatoes and toss collectively till evenly coated. You can do that in a bowl as an alternative, however I love to do it proper on the baking sheet to avoid wasting myself from having to clean one other dish.
- Bake, flip and dip: Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the fries over and bake for an additional 20 minutes earlier than having fun with together with your favourite dipping sauce.
What Can I Dip These Fries In?
Let’s be sincere, these Cajun fries are SOO GOOD all by themselves. BUT… If you need some recommendations on what is going to take them to the following stage then listed here are a couple of concepts for dips!
- Ranch dip: Doesn’t all the things style higher with ranch? This creamy ranch dip is to die for and the flavour with these fries is superb!
- Ketchup: You can’t go mistaken with ketchup and these fries aren’t any exception!
- Fry sauce: If you don’t know what fry sauce is, then you might be about to strive the perfect sauce ever! Fry sauce is a combination of ketchup and mayonaise that’s an incredible dipping sauce for fries!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
If you need to make an additional batch of those Cajun fries so that you’ve got some able to eat for later, I feel that’s a terrific concept! Here is how one can retailer them!
- Refrigerator: Once you’ve let the fries cool then place them in an hermetic container. They can final in your fridge for 3-5 days.
- Reheat: Reheating french fries must be achieved a sure approach as a result of the way you reheat them will make them or break them! I prefer to reheat mine within the oven in order that they’ve that crispy texture. It will make them style recent once more! Preheat your oven to 450 levels. Place the fries on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast them for 3-5 minutes. Remove them and luxuriate in!
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Add your minimize potatoes to a big bowl of chilly water and soak for not less than half-hour to launch the surplus potato starch. After half-hour is up, drain and rinse potatoes.
- Dry the potatoes very effectively and lay them out on a big baking sheet. Add the olive oil, cajun seasoning, and salt to the potatoes and toss collectively till evenly coated. You can do that in a bowl as an alternative, however I love to do it proper on the baking sheet to avoid wasting myself from having to clean one other dish.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the fries over and bake for an additional 20 minutes earlier than having fun with together with your favourite dipping sauce.
Calories363kcal (18%)Carbohydrates69g (23%)Protein8g (16%)Fat8g (12%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat5gSodium312mg (13%)Potassium1619mg (46%)Fiber6g (24%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A1728IU (35%)Vitamin C21mg (25%)Calcium56mg (6%)Iron4mg (22%)
All dietary information is predicated on third occasion calculations and is just an estimate. Each recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.