Anytime you end up with leftover hen, think about it a blessing. You can definitely go for a second spherical of final evening’s dinner, however the beauty of this delicate-mannered meat is that it’s really easy to repurpose it into a wholly completely different meal. It doesn’t matter what reduce you’ve gotten helpful: Boneless or bone-in breasts and thighs are all honest sport, as is no matter you’ve gotten leftover from a rotisserie chicken. It additionally doesn’t matter (*30*) the primary time round. All it takes is slightly inspiration.
If you’ve gotten a complete lot of leftovers, nice. But even when all you’ve received is a scant cup of leftover hen, you’ve nonetheless received lots of choices. We’ve received loads of concepts that can aid you stretch your leftover hen right into a model new meal. Here are 30 leftover hen recipes to attempt tonight.
- How Long Does Leftover Chicken Last?
- How Should I Store Leftover Chicken?
- 1. Make a batch of hen enchiladas.
- 2. Stir it into a fast Thai curry.
- 3. Make a creamy, tacky dip.
- 4. Stuff it right into a baked potato.
- 5. Mix it into hen salad.
- 6. Make a hen sandwich.
- 7. Round out a grain bowl.
- 8. Cook it into fried rice.
- 10. Stuff it right into a taco.
- 12. Make it the beginning of a burrito or burrito bowl.
- 13. Layer it on a tray of nachos.
- 14. Layer it right into a quesadilla.
- 15. Simmer in a pot of soup.
- 17. Cook it right into a casserole.
- 18. Stir it right into a pot of chili.
- 19. Use it to make stuffed shells.
- 20. Make a weeknight-pleasant pot pie.
- 21. Repurpose it into an additional-straightforward skillet dinner.
- 22. Bulk up a inexperienced salad right into a meal.
- 23. Simmer it right into a wealthy ragù.
- 24. Add it to your pasta dinner.
- 25. Bulk up a bowl of ramen.
- 26. Make some lettuce wraps.
- 27. Add it to a chilly noodle salad.
- 28. Mix it into mac and cheese.
- 29. Turn it into fast-pulled Buffalo hen.
- 30. Fold it into summer season rolls.
- 31. Make a extra filling noodle bowl.
- 32. Mix it right into a frittata.
How Long Does Leftover Chicken Last?
How Should I Store Leftover Chicken?
After hen is cooked, it ought to sit out at room temperature no more than two hours earlier than being refrigerated to decelerate micro organism development. Leftover hen ought to be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge. If you suppose you gained’t use it inside three or 4 days, you may also freeze it to use at a later date.
1. Make a batch of hen enchiladas.
2. Stir it into a fast Thai curry.
Skip takeout and make a selfmade model of your favourite order at dwelling in a flash. Just stir the hen in with the veggies to heat it.
Get a recipe: Chicken Curry in a Hurry
3. Make a creamy, tacky dip.
A heat dip can completely turn out to be dinner if you fill it with hen and serve it with plenty of veggies (and chips, too, after all).
Get a recipe: White Chicken Chili Skillet Dip
4. Stuff it right into a baked potato.
This could be the last word easy-but-satisfying dinner. Repurpose leftovers whereas having fun with a type of potatoes you baked throughout your weekend meal prep session.
Get a recipe: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
5. Mix it into hen salad.
Whether you favor the basic creamy model or go for herby or tangy, you possibly can by no means go unsuitable with hen salad.
Get a recipe: Yogurt & Dill Chicken Salad
6. Make a hen sandwich.
7. Round out a grain bowl.
The great thing about grain bowls is that something goes! Pick your favourite grain, a protein (taking a look at you, leftover hen), a large number of cooked and/or uncooked veggies, and a sauce, and also you’ve received a meal.
Get a recipe: Greek Chicken Grain Bowls
8. Cook it into fried rice.
Since the hen is already cooked, it simply wants to be reheated, so wait to toss it into the wok till the final minute or two of cooking.
Get a recipe: Honey-Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry
10. Stuff it right into a taco.
12. Make it the beginning of a burrito or burrito bowl.
Whether you stuff all of the substances in a tortilla or pile them in a bowl, a little bit of leftover hen is simply the factor to give your burrito slightly extra substance.
Get a recipe: Easy Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls
13. Layer it on a tray of nachos.
Some chopped or shredded hen immediately strikes nachos firmly into dinner territory. This is an ideal alternative to deplete that final little bit of leftover hen, regardless of how a lot you’ve gotten!
Get a recipe: Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
14. Layer it right into a quesadilla.
This is my favourite cause to grasp on to leftover hen when there’s just some bites or the tiniest of items remaining. Grab a few tortillas and a few cheese, and that tiny little bit of hen is all of a sudden a meal.
Get a recipe: Cilantro-Lime Chicken Quesadillas
15. Simmer in a pot of soup.
17. Cook it right into a casserole.
If you don’t love leftovers, a casserole is such an ideal resolution for repurposing hen into a very completely different meal. This works effectively with hen that wasn’t cooked with a marinade or sauce. Expect most casserole recipes to name for about two to three cups of cooked hen.
Get a recipe: BBQ Chicken Casserole
18. Stir it right into a pot of chili.
Whether you lean in direction of white chili, beef chili, or one packed with beans and lentils, there’s at all times a spot for hen within the pot. Since it’s already cooked, stir it into the pot in the previous couple of minutes of cooking to forestall it from drying out.
Get a recipe: Weeknight White Chicken Chili
19. Use it to make stuffed shells.
It won’t be conventional, however it definitely is scrumptious! Shred or reduce up the leftover hen into small items, combine it with the ricotta, and cook dinner in accordance to your favourite stuffed shell recipe.
Get a recipe: Easiest Stuffed Shells
20. Make a weeknight-pleasant pot pie.
Leftover hen (alongside with your forged iron and a few frozen pie crust) is the important thing to a creamy, comforting pot pie that’s straightforward sufficient to pull off on a weeknight.
Get a recipe: Easy Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
21. Repurpose it into an additional-straightforward skillet dinner.
Starting with cooked leftover hen lets any skillet dinner come collectively in a fraction of the time. The instance beneath (one in every of my favorites!) requires hen sausage, however you possibly can swap it for no matter form of hen you’ve gotten within the fridge. Make it simpler nonetheless through the use of frozen broccoli rather than Broccolini.
Get a recipe: Broccolini, Chicken Sausage, and Orzo Skillet
22. Bulk up a inexperienced salad right into a meal.
On its personal a leafy inexperienced salad isn’t at all times tremendous filling, however toss in a couple of items of hen and it’s a very completely different story. Any sort of hen, no matter the way it was ready, is honest sport right here.
Get a recipe: Honey Mustard Chicken Tender Salad
23. Simmer it right into a wealthy ragù.
Turning hen right into a saucy ragù brings life to leftovers. Spoon it over pasta, rice, polenta, or gnocchi.
Get a recipe: Chicken Ragù with Bacon
24. Add it to your pasta dinner.
25. Bulk up a bowl of ramen.
Whether you’re beginning with the moment stuff or making it from scratch, you gained’t remorse bulking up your noodle soup with some hen.
Get impressed: 10 Quick Hacks to Upgrade Instant Ramen
26. Make some lettuce wraps.
Most recipes for lettuce wraps begin with floor meat, however you possibly can simply use leftover hen instead. Chop it into small items, then combine with the condiments, sauces, and add-ins within the recipe.
Get a recipe: How To Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps
27. Add it to a chilly noodle salad.
28. Mix it into mac and cheese.
29. Turn it into fast-pulled Buffalo hen.
Your sluggish cooker is used primarily as a warming system and to assist the flavour of the shredded hen and tangy sauce.
Get a recipe: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
30. Fold it into summer season rolls.
Starting with leftovers makes this a simple no-cook dinner dinner. All that’s left to do is prep the veggies and stir collectively the sauce.
31. Make a extra filling noodle bowl.
32. Mix it right into a frittata.
The great thing about frittatas is that something goes. Any veggies, herbs, meat and cheese you’ve gotten within the fridge are all honest sport, and that features hen, too. This versatile egg dish is an effective way to stretch only a tiny little bit of leftover hen right into a full meal.
Get the recipe: Frittata