On their very own, baked potatoes are one of many best possible meals. They’re low-cost, filling, and require virtually zero effort to make. All you really want is salt, pepper, and a pat of butter. You might be happy — no, delighted — by this easiest of preparations. But allow us to indulge, if you’ll, in what a humble baked potato may grow to be.
You don’t even want a recipe. With simply a little little bit of creativity, you may rework a baked potato into one thing extraordinary: a full meal, to begin. But we like to suppose of this starchy, tender, flakey tuber as a clean canvas. The potato is your oyster? Honestly, we’re not likely certain what which means, however there are about a gazillion methods to flip this straightforward spud into one thing spectacular.
Here are 20 concepts to get you began, however please use them as a leaping off level.
- But, First: 5 Ways to Cook Baked Potatoes
- 1. Cheddar + Sour Cream + Chives + Black Pepper
- 2. Chicken + Pesto + Mozzarella
- 3. Ground Beef + Taco Seasoning + Toppings
- 4. Marinara Sauce + Shredded Mozzarella + Olives
- 5. Shredded Chicken + Hot Sauce + Ranch Dressing
- 6. Cream Cheese + Diced Jalapeños + Crispy Bacon + Shredded Cheddar
- 7. Ground Beef + Corn + Black Beans + Shredded Cheddar
- 8. Yogurt + Pesto + Fresh Herbs
- 9. Parmesan + Artichokes + Spinach
- 10. Brown Butter + Goat Cheese + Walnuts
- 11. Curry Powder + Chickpeas + Spinach
- 12. Cheddar Cheese + Broccoli + Diced Chicken
- 13. Crispy Chickpeas + Kale + Mushrooms
- 15. Chopped Bacon + Diced Tomatoes + Fresh Greens
- 16. Cream Cheese + Green Beans + Crispy Onions
- 17. Sriracha + Marshmallows + Pepitas
- 18. Cooked Chard + Coconut Chips + Pomegranate Seeds
- 19. Apple Sauce + Sour Cream + Chives
- 20. Black Beans + Chipotles in Adobo + Avocado
But, First: 5 Ways to Cook Baked Potatoes
1. Cheddar + Sour Cream + Chives + Black Pepper
This mixture is a basic for a cause. After sprinkling on the cheese, pop the potatoes again within the oven so the cheese can soften earlier than including the bitter cream.
2. Chicken + Pesto + Mozzarella
Any cooked rooster will work right here — and be at liberty to use your favourite store-bought pesto to make this flavorful tacky potato.
3. Ground Beef + Taco Seasoning + Toppings
Cook a pound of floor beef with a packet of taco seasoning, load it on prime of baked potatoes, and garnish it along with your favourite taco fillings. Shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, and sliced jalapeños would all be scrumptious — simply consider it as a DIY taco night time. Alternatively, cook dinner each the filling and the potatoes collectively within the gradual cooker (see the recipe hyperlink under).
Get the recipe: Slow Cooker Taco-Stuffed Potatoes
4. Marinara Sauce + Shredded Mozzarella + Olives
Will it pizza? Yes, sure it can. Olives are simply a suggestion right here, so go forward and swap them out for pepperoni, sausage, or every other topping you have got available. Just consider the potato because the “crust” and go wild.
5. Shredded Chicken + Hot Sauce + Ranch Dressing
Fans of buffalo rooster wings, that is for you. Toss shredded rotisserie rooster (or every other sort of cooked rooster you have got available) along with your favourite retailer-purchased sizzling sauce, stuff into a baked potato, and cargo it up with ranch dressing. You can add extra garnishes, like sliced scallions, diced celery, and bacon, or hold it easy.
Get the recipe: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
6. Cream Cheese + Diced Jalapeños + Crispy Bacon + Shredded Cheddar
If you like jalapeño poppers, you’ll love this riff on the beloved bar snack. While the potato remains to be sizzling, add diced cream cheese and stir it into the potato so it will get good and melty. Top with diced jalapeños, crispy bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese, and you’ve got a spicy spud that’s excellent for dinner.
7. Ground Beef + Corn + Black Beans + Shredded Cheddar
This Southwestern-style potato will get full of a properly-seasoned combination of corn, black beans, and floor beef, then topped with melted cheddar cheese. If you don’t have floor beef, you should utilize floor turkey or rooster or omit it altogether for a vegetarian-pleasant model.
Get the recipe: Cheesy Southwestern Twice-Baked Potatoes with Beans & Corn
8. Yogurt + Pesto + Fresh Herbs
Creamy, tangy, and recent all it as soon as, this mix tastes nice on any form of potato. Use retailer-purchased pesto or make your personal, or go for a easy (*20*) as a substitute.
9. Parmesan + Artichokes + Spinach
If you’re a fan of spinach-artichoke dip you may riff on those self same flavors by stuffing your potato with shredded Parmesan cheese, chopped artichoke hearts (canned or frozen work excellent), and chopped spinach. If you don’t have recent spinach available you may thaw frozen spinach, shortly sauté it, and use that as a substitute.
10. Brown Butter + Goat Cheese + Walnuts
11. Curry Powder + Chickpeas + Spinach
This intensely flavorful mixture will fill your home with an unbelievable aroma because it cooks. Simply sauté chickpeas in curry powder, add the spinach and let it wilt, then pile into your potato. Try it with any leafy greens you have got available.
Get the recipe: Curried Chickpea & Spinach Baked Potato
12. Cheddar Cheese + Broccoli + Diced Chicken
Load up your potato with cooked broccoli florets and a beneficiant quantity of shredded cheddar cheese. The broccoli could be roasted, steamed, sautéed, or boiled; no matter sort of broccoli you have got available will work nice. Add diced cooked rooster or shredded rotisserie for added protein and dinner is finished.
Read extra: Oven-Roasted Frozen Broccoli
13. Crispy Chickpeas + Kale + Mushrooms
This recipe hundreds a baked potato up with crispy, oven-roasted chickpeas, savory mushrooms, and wilted kale. It’s a protein-packed potato that’s fully vegetarian — and it feels a bit fancy, too. You can prime it with simply the chickpeas, or simply the mushrooms, so don’t fret in case you don’t have all the substances available.
Get the recipe: Baked Sweet Potato with Kale and Crispy Chickpeas
Load your potato up with chopped ham and shredded Gruyère cheese, then pop it within the oven for a jiffy to soften. Serve with Dijon mustard, spinach, or diced tomatoes — or hold it easy and stick to the 2 essential substances. You actually don’t want anything.
Get the recipe: Baked Potato Stuffed with Ham and Melted Gruyère
15. Chopped Bacon + Diced Tomatoes + Fresh Greens
For a BLT-impressed spud, prime your baked potato with chopped crispy bacon, diced tomatoes, and no matter recent greens you have got. Arugula, chopped romaine, and every other salad inexperienced would work properly. Think of this combo as half salad half baked potato.
16. Cream Cheese + Green Beans + Crispy Onions
While your potatoes are nonetheless sizzling, stir a few cubes of cream cheese into the spuds in order that they soften, then prime with cooked inexperienced beans and crispy fried onions. It’s similar to your favourite Thanksgiving facet, solely loaded into a baked potato.
Get the recipe: Baked Potato Stuffed with Creamy Green Beans and Crispy Onions
17. Sriracha + Marshmallows + Pepitas
For a savory tackle the basic marshmallow-stuffed Thanksgiving spud, add a sprint of Sriracha, a beneficiant quantity of marshmallows, and prime it with crunchy pepitas. If you don’t have pepitas available, chopped walnuts or almonds work too.
Get the recipe: The Sweet & Spicy Baked Sweet Potato
18. Cooked Chard + Coconut Chips + Pomegranate Seeds
This potato is loaded with wilted recent chard, crispy toasted coconut chips, and tart pomegranate seeds. If you don’t have swiss chard useful, you should utilize spinach, kale, and even mustard greens.
Get the recipe: Coconut & Rainbow Chard Baked Sweet Potato
19. Apple Sauce + Sour Cream + Chives
20. Black Beans + Chipotles in Adobo + Avocado
Here, a humble can of chipotles in adobo transforms both a candy potato or a baked potato into one thing particular. You’ll use each a chopped chile and its sauce to taste black beans, which get piled onto the potatoes with chopped avocado and a squeeze of lime. If you’ve bought Greek yogurt available, stir among the chipotle sauce into the yogurt, too, then drizzle overtop.
Get the recipe: Vegetarian-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes